Friday, May 27, 2016

Thursday 5/27/2016 -- on the road again!

With security screening lines at O'Hare back down to reasonable lengths, I had a little wiggle room in the morning schedule.  Linda arrived to help with the last-minute "to do's" and we set out about 10 for my 2P flight.  A little overkill but worked well for both parties.

I'm now skilled at using the self-check-in kiosks and applying my own bag tag.  Did that and trotted down to the Business Class check-in...to discover that since I had SULLIED my bag with a plebian tag, I had to trot right back and surrender it at the Economy desks.  Really?  Yeah, really.  Then retrace those steps to get to the TSA pre-check line.  It was blessedly short.

My plan was to enjoy the friendly confines of the United Club, as my credit card annual fee brings me a pair of one-time-use passes.  But I rarely travel alone, so I hoped to be able to use an older one.  But ya can't fool a computer... the several expired ones were all denied & I had to surrender a fresh one.  At least I tried...

There was decent seating and a light soyo-and-salad bar, so I had a little lunch and continued progress on the sailing ship sampler.  Eventually got on the plane; pleasant seatmate...but between our roll-ons and our "personal items" (which have to be stowed -- no "under the seat in front of you" space, that's where your feet go when you flatten out for what passes as sleeping) ... the overhead bin wouldn't close.  So our smaller pieces were stowed elsewhere, a bit of an inconvenience.

Dinner was a melon and prosciutto part, salad, and a nice piece of beef tenderloin with asparagus and gnocchi.  Fruit, cheese and Port ... followed by a small ice cream sundae.  All washed down with decent champagne ... ready for rest!

I'm not a great plane sleeper, but this was rougher than average as there were several seat belt warnings throughout the night.  But oblivion did win at SOME point.

No comments:

Post a Comment